Hospitality, QSR & Food Service - Business Engagement Specialist
(Fixed Term Contract or Secondment)
This is a newly created opening in an exciting new department within an establish business that works closely with a range of leading UK Food and Drink related business to reduce food and packaging waste and therefore the impact on the environment.
This role focusses on working closely with UK businesses within the Food Service, Quick Service Retailers and Hospitality sector to help develop and support them in changing their business practices to reduce the environmental impact of food and drink waste and associated packaging. The key to performing successfully within this role will be the ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with influential individuals in both senior and operational positions within Hospitality & Food Service organisation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Secure actions by major businesses in the hospitality & food service sector that implement good practice for food waste reduction and packaging – including waste measurement, staff engagement and supplier engagement.
- Engage face-to-face with senior managers and relevant teams in these businesses to secure changes to practices and processes.
- Provide insights and advice on good practices which stakeholder’s value.
- Build relationships with key influencers in the hospitality & food service sector such as sector organisations who can help amplify the impact of this work.
- Contribute to the preparation of funder and stakeholder reports as required.
- Co-ordinate the activities of an industry Working Group and sub groups and ensure actions are taken forward by Group members. Manage project work and outputs agreed with sub-groups.
In order to be successful in this role, candidates will need to have previous experience of working with businesses in the hospitality and food service sector, in a position that enabled influence and created change. Evidence of building and delivering own professionalism which brought value to organisations and facilitating change with business teams are also essential. Another key essential for this role is evidence of ability to build and maintain relationships, using a range of influencing and negotiation skills.
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to email@example.com.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion