An extremely exciting opportunity to work with one of Britain’s most recognised brands. Manufacturing a range of delicious products under own label and brand products, our client has a well-regarded reputation as an industry leader. The business now seeks a high-calibre Specification Technologist to join this busy and passionate bunch of foodies. You’ll be responsible for writing and maintaining, raw material, branded and retailer specifications for products supplied and produced by the business’s Manufacturing sites using Hamilton Grant. You will also collate, validate and accurately input data into retailer and the business’s specification database systems, whilst ensuring provision of data is conducted in a timely manner and to the correct high standards.
- Ensure all necessary information is presented in a format so as to enable the generation of a finished product specification and product label which meets with all relevant legislation.
- Create specifications for retailers, foodservice, raw materials and branded products and ensure all data is correct and accurate.
- Check and approve bought in factored good specifications.
- Ensure all necessary and accurate legislative information is incorporated into the specifications, ensure compliance to retailer policies for retailer own label products and internal polices for branded products.
- Ensure all necessary information is presented in a pack copy format so as to enable the generation of a product label which meets with all relevant legislation.
- Understand, maintain and develop knowledge of retailer systems and requirements so as to enable maintenance of customer specifications on their chosen systems.
- Liaise with Factory Technical, Procurement, Legal, NPD, BAM’s, TAM’s, Marketing and Project Managers so as to ensure products are compliant and the correct data is used to complete customer and branded specifications and the generation of pack copies.
- Checking of artwork to ensure that it is compliant, correct and reflective of the specification.
- Answering enquiries relating to the products managed including allergen, ingredient and nutritional information.
- Answering enquiries and provide technical information for ingredient specifications including allergen, country of origin, shelf life, and nutritional information, etc.
- Provision of reports and completion of questionnaires and databases when required
- Maintenance of Datapool/UDEX and other such systems as required.
- Maintenance of a workload management tool for own area so as to ensure effective KPI reporting
- Ideally a Food Science/Technology Degree / Qualification
- The ability to manage and input data accurately and efficiently
- Experience of Hamilton Grant / Retailer Specification Portals
- Knowledge of finished product requirements and specifications
- Working knowledge of related food legislation
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of Lesa Lynch firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Apply for Specification Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly