Head of Operations
- Are you ready for what could be the best challenge of your career?
- Do people matter to you as much as processes?
- And is your Operational experience with short shelf life products in the food industry?
So what do you need to know about this fantastic opportunity? Based in Somerset, this is a business that employs over 800 people which operates 24/7 supplying one of the major retailers, you will lead a team as well as a large manufacturing facility through significant transformation. With new owners in the last 18 months, this is a business that is investing in a modern, forward way of thinking. This means investment into processes as well as people and it is vital that the Head of Operations places the 2 with equal importance.
Operationally there are huge opportunities to implement change, improve efficiencies to ensure the company is fully compliant with business & legal SHE requirements. Working as part of the Senior Leadership Team you will set out & communicate across the business KPI’s ensuring that the business is best in class, delivering exceptional products and service to the customer. None of this can be done without the support of the team around you though. With a huge amount of knowledge in the business, and a number of long standing employees, you will need to engage people, nurture them and take them through this transition.
So what background do you need to become the next of Head of Operations? Here’s a quick checklist…..
- You must be able to demonstrate previous experience of transformation in a food manufacturing site.
- You must have worked with short shelf life products. Ambient or non-food won’t be enough I’m afraid.
- Experience of working with Sainsbury’s and other retailers is vital.
- A strong understanding of managing an Engineering Function.
- You will be a strong, focused, inspirational leader. This role needs to engage with people so from the moment you start your application, you will need to show your passion for people, and how you have previously developed a team.
- A strong background in Lean / CI is essential.
We have worked with this business and placed a number of people here, and we cannot stress the importance of finding the right person. The Head of Operations role is pivotal to the future success of this business, who have come a long way in the last 12 months but the next 12 – 18 months will be a huge step change, which you will shape. This really is a great opportunity so please get in touch either with your CV or call for a confidential conversation.
Salary: Overall package will be reflective of your skills & expertise.
Job Reference: JR11275
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Winhurst Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your application, due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful, but we may keep your details on file for future opportunities.
GDPR: We take Data Protection very seriously at Winhurst Recruitment from both a client and candidate perspective. By submitting your CV to Winhurst Recruitment, you are giving us your personal data which includes full name, address, phone number and email address. We will add these details to our database to assist with your job search. Our full GDPR policy is on our website. This tells you why and how we hold your data, and for how long. https://www.winhurstrecruitment.co.uk/gdpr
Winhurst Recruitment Limited is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to providing all employees with a working environment that is free from discrimination, intimidation and harassment. We value diversity and actively promote equal opportunities to all so that employees are treated equally, with dignity and respect