£45,000-£55,000 + car + bonus
Responsible for ensuring compliance to all necessary accreditation and legislation and to ensure products are safe and legal.
- Prepare for, organise and lead site audits by customers, BRC, Local Council or similar bodies and also including Internal Audits – taking the necessary corrective action where required.
- Ensure products meet customer specifications and legislative & industry requirements
- Log, investigate and follow up on all customer complaints and implement customer complaint reduction strategies
- Ensure regular product shelf life testing is carried out and conduct all product trails, organoleptic and microbiological testing
- Manage suppliers and conduct supplier assessments
- Manage the regular review of the Company Quality Management Systems, including HACCP and all accreditation requirements, and any customer specific requirements.
- Manage hygiene quality within the production environment
- Previous experience working at Quality Manager/Technical Manager level within a high risk environment.
- Experienced in managing and maintaining Quality Management Systems
- Ability to prepare a site and achieve BRC accreditation
- Ability to manage, coach, support and develop direct reports
- Experience of auditing suppliers
- Comfortable in a customer facing role
- Knowledge of all relevant food safety legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills