Multi- Skilled Engineer
Multi- Skilled Engineer
Our multi-skilled engineers work in shift teams in close conjunction with production, safety and hygiene, driving a mixed agenda of planned and reactive work. The team undertake planned and preventative maintenance and are encouraged to use their engineering skills and experience to develop robust solutions and long-term fixes. There's a huge variety of tasks that will range from general plant maintenance to improving plant reliability and diagnosing problems before they develop. The environment is a fast-paced, highly-automated 24/7 food manufacturing environment each day brings a different opportunity; we'll help to develop your technical skills and get you involved in other initiatives alongside our safety teams and improvement initiatives.
As part of the Engineering team you’ll be encouraged and supported to foster new ideas and perspectives whilst driving change at pace. We promote a culture of continuous improvement whilst working on a changing approach to reliability centred maintenance in a highly-automated production facility.
As part of your role you’ll be identifying and completing continuous improvement projects to increase plant efficiency, reduce downtime and save energy and associated costs.
As “Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand” we have been baking bread since 1876. Today we are proudly a fifth-generation family company supplying 18,500 retail customers from 12 bakeries and 15 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for. Family and values are what makes us different and we are a proud bunch. Join us and be proud to be Warburtons.
You'll thrive in a fast-paced manufacturing environment where you're able to identify faults ideally both mechanical and electrical, understanding the route cause and finding a solution to prevent the fault re-occurring.
- Fabrication skills, having the ability to make the parts to get us moving again
- Ability to read electrical drawings
- Possess an Engineering Qualification such as HND, HNC, BTECH or equivalent
- Working knowledge of good Health and safety processes and procedures
And last and by no means yeast you will want to know what your bread’s worth;
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Ongoing personal development either sponsored or supported
- A slice of the annual profits
- Award winning pension plan
- Life Assurance
- Discount Vouchers / products
- Benefits for you and your family for example; discounted gym membership, child care vouchers, bike to work scheme