Our client, a leading international supplier of Chilled Food Products is looking to appoint a Specifications Technologist. Reporting to the Specifications Manager the primary objective of this role is to work closely with the Raw Materials Technologist, Technical, Product Development & Commercial teams and the Customer to create, maintain and update accurate product specifications for products supplied across two sites in Cambridgeshire. This will also involve the coordination and checking of artwork to ensure that the products comply with all relevant product legislation.
- Writing product specifications for all new product lines on both web based and internal systems.
- Coordinating / distributing of artwork for checking within the given timescales.
- Maintenance & updating of internal & customer product specifications, making the necessary amendments as required within given timescales.
- To produce and maintain Quality Attribute Sheets for all retail products.
- Escalate potential risks to preventing a positive customer experience, identifying potential resolutions where possible.
- To assist the Specification and Development teams in achieving a right first-time experience for the customer, with minimal pre-launch amendments.
- Ideally educated to HND / Degree level in Food Science/Food Technology or equivalent experience in food manufacturing.
- Computer literate & experience of web-based specification systems.
- Awareness of nutrition, food tolerance and allergens.
- Knowledge of legislation, food composition and labelling.
- Good organisation and administration skills
- Able to work to given time scales
- Self-motivation, flexibility and enthusiasm.
- Must be able to communicate well at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- One of the UK’s leading Chilled Food Companies producing innovative and tasty products
- A Vision to ensure they deliver on their pledge to become one of the UK’s truly great food companies
- A complex and varied range of products, customers and packaging formats
- Sites operating to the highest industry standards, where Food Safety and Quality are a key priority
- A clear Technical Strategy built around a vision of guiding and driving the highest levels of Technical Excellence
If you have the relevant experience and you are looking for a challenging and interesting role within a leading food company, then this could be the job for you.
If you are interested, then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4251 with an updated CV.