Our client, a leading Food manufacturer supplying to retailers and food service are seeking a QA Manager.
- Deputy to Technical Manager.
- Trouble shooting and continuous improvement.
- Factory based role with the overall responsibility to manage the day to day activities of the hygiene and QA team.
- To assist the Technical Manager in ensuring that the site meets the requirements BRC and all retailer Standards.
- To ensure that all products are manufactured to agreed specifications and under safe and hygienic conditions.
- To monitor hygiene and housekeeping standards to ensure company guidelines are met.
- Ensure that the safety of all products is assured by the implementation of recognised HACCP procedures to each production process.
- To be responsible for maintaining all Procedures.
- To liaise with all departments and managements over matters of product quality and food safety and ensure that timely and effective corrective and preventative action is identified and undertaken.
- To support the Technical Coordinator in generation, management of technical documents and review and approve all technical documentation if required.
- To liaise with the Development Manager and Production Manager over production samples.
- To establish and approve Product Quality Standards, acceptance and rejection criteria.
- To assist the Technical Manager in coordination of Resources and Personnel and make arrangements for Customer and Third Party audit Visits.
- To assist the Technical Manager in implementation of the Internal Audit System.
- To assist the Technical Manager in the review and approval of non-conforming product and the Company’s Product Recall System.
- Conduct final inspection of products and coordinate daily taste panels.
- To constantly seek ways to improve Product and Process Quality and Safety.
- To ensure that all personnel pursue safe working practices.
- Maintain, update and close out actions raised on the companies rolling corrective action log.
- To investigate and provide written response to customer complaints or enquiries.
- Support the technical admin team with gathering information for reports.
- To arrange for Quality Review Meetings to be carried out and action points to be expedited.
- Key driver through process audits in reduction of waste.
- Management of benchmarking.
- Key role in training production staff in expected manufacturing standards
- Degree or equivalent in a scientific discipline, preferably food technology/science related.
- Proven experience and performance in a quality assurance role ideally within a fast moving food production environment.
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMP, Hygiene, Quality and BRC system accreditation requirements and ideally basic statistical analysis tools.
- Employee management/relationship experience - ability to engage/motivate subordinates and operational teams
- Auditing and problem solving skills with an eye for detail.
- Practical understanding of food safety systems (BRC, Retailer).
- Capable of working on own initiative & within a team environment.
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines from customers and company.
What’s on offer?
- Salary of up to £40,000 DOE.
- Monday to Friday 08.30 – 17.00.
- Work place pension.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.