Commercial Marketing Manager
5 days left
- Contract Type
The Commercial Marketing Manager reports to the Senior Commercial Manager and is responsible for delivering the agreed annual volume, gross margin per litre and EBITDA budgets for our Old Jamaica brand.
Working with the wider commercial team you will develop and deliver the strategic planning for Old Jamaica by driving profitability, developing new products and delivering projects, across all trade channels. You will also manage the relationship with your brand owner. You will also work with the Head of Marketing to identify and develop new product and distribution opportunities for Refresco UK.
The Key Responsibilities For The Commercial Marketing Manager Are To
- Lead & develop the direction for business growth of your brand portfolio for Refresco UK across all or the target trade channels.
- Develop the annual budgets for your brand portfolio within the target sales channels, including all pricing, promotional and trade spend management.
- Manage your brands to deliver improved profitability including management of stocks and packaging, value engineering, NPD, pricing recommendations and promotional support.
- Work with the nominated management accountant to support the development of all required P&L's and pricing, for approval by senior management.
- Develop & manage relationships with brand owners including regular meetings and calls to keep brand owners up to speed with performance, challenges & future plans.
- Identify, develop and manage NPD opportunities.
A Commercial Marketing Manager at Refresco will have a proven track record at management level, in sales and marketing in FMCG, preferably Food & Drinks Manufacturing, industry sectors and ideally educated to degree level in a relevant discipline. You will have several years of brand and preferably private label experience. You will be able to demonstrate that you have managed and developed such brands to improve their sales, profit margins and market share.
You will have experience of dealing with UK major multiples and non-grocery trade channels, knowledge and experience of trade marketing, an understanding of category management principles and knowledge and experience of the NPD process.
A successful Commercial Manager in Refresco UK has excellent communication skills, presentation skills (for internal and external presentations) and is very numerate and analytical with a high degree of organisation and prioritization. Critically we have found that those that perform well as a Commercial Manager are mentally agile, excellent and confident decision makers, results driven and most importantly , always curious to know more about the brand and the industry, being proactive in finding solutions and suggesting new and creative ways of doing things for your brands.
You will need to be an excellent relationship builder with both your external and internal customers.
Our drinks on every table. That's our vision. So, yes, it's safe to say we're ambitious. We're thirsty for more, constantly looking to the future. To new products, new services, new markets, new customers. Through our people applying our core values of 'Responsible', 'Entrepreneurial', 'Excellent', 'Market Driven' and 'Innovative' we have grown substantially since 1999 and we will continue to be successful.
In the UK, the Refresco headquarters are based in Kegworth, Derbyshire, and we employ 1800 people across 6 sites (Bridgwater, Kegworth, Nelson, Bondgate, Wrexham & Macduff). We work with all the leading UK retailers including Tesco, ASDA, Morrison's, Sainsbury, ALDI and Lidl to produce their private labels and with branded customers such as Innocent, Ocean Spray, Weetabix, Del Monte and Um Bongo. We have packaging capability in Cartons, PET, Aseptic PET and Cans.