Head of Operational Excellence
3 days left
- Contract Type
Head of Operational Excellence, Kegworth, Leicestershire
As a result of our integration and our growth agenda, we have an exciting, challenging, brand new opportunity for somebody to join the Company as Head of Operational Excellence.
Reporting to the UK Manufacturing Director, the Head of Operational Excellence is responsible for the creation, development and deployment of best practice policies and procedures which support the UK business strategy.
The role will support the Manufacturing Leadership team in creating the UK's manufacturing optimisation agenda in regards to co-ordination of major projects, initiatives and overall performance monitoring with key focuses including Health, Safety and Environmental performance and capital investment project management.
The Head of Operation Excellence will
- Co-ordinate the overall development of the annual and long-term business plan for the UK business and lead the development of the manufacturing agenda to deliver the Company Objectives, implementing corrective action where required.
- Ensure that HSE Managers are driving group standards and these are being fully implemented across the UK Manufacturing businesses, developing and driving a common HSE Management system that supports the "Zero Impact" culture and keeping updated with legal regulatory changes that ensure the HSE Management system is fully compliant.
- Lead the UK Manufacturing teams in the development of a standard approach to large capital investment projects, including preparation of bids and tendering, negotiation, aswell as the installation through to production handover.
- Develop and lead the UK Continuous Improvement teams in the implementation of the Company Peak Excellence programme that is designed to improve operational effectiveness through enablement and empowerment to improve daily manufacturing levels and productivity.
- Work with the UK Manufacturing teams to support and drive the UK talent program to create and sustain a pipeline of talent ensuring identified individuals are given exposure and gain working knowledge of the operational policies and procedures in their personal development plans.
As Head of Operational Excellence you will be:
- Degree qualified or Equivalent within Engineering, Technology or Finance preferably.
- A proven, effective and empowering leader.
- A UK wide operational manager with significant exposure within a fast moving goods environment.
- Fully conversant with modern manufacturing methodologies, systems planning and Lean implementation.
- Experienced in Manufacturing leadership within a large, FMCG Environment.
- Be analytical with the capability to plan and implement UK wide initiatives in a complex organisational context.
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to the following: CI Manager, Head of Continuous Improvement, Quality Coordinator, Lean Six Sigma, Operations, Production Team Leader, FMCG, Operations, Food, Kegworth, Derby, Loughborough, Derbyshire
Apply for Head of Operational Excellence
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly