Technical Manager, Pontypool, Monmouthshire, South Wales, Food Manufacturing
We are a dynamic, progressive and growing food manufacturer, with a multi million pound turnover and a rapidly expanding portfolio seeking a Site Technical Manager to join our team.
This role, reporting into the Site General Manager, will have overall responsibility for the management of the Technical function and resources to ensure planned and controlled business development and effective maintenance of quality and factory systems to meet customer standards at all times, ensuring they meet Business, Legislative and relevant
accreditation body standards. This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic individual who will form part of the Senior
Management Team, building on the success that has already been achieved. Ideal candidates will be well qualified with knowledge of HACCP, due diligence and other specific subjects relating to food safety.
The management of the Technical function and resources to ensure planned and controlled business development and effective maintenance of quality and factory systems to meet customer standards at all times ensuring they meet Business, Legislative and relevant accreditation body standards.
- To manage the implementation of the Quality System by reviewing, auditing and training across the following areas: HACCP System across site, QA Management System, Factory Environmental Standards, Product Control, Process Control, Personnel
- To take the lead on customer audits through to successful outcome
- To ensure timely completion of Customer Specifications
- To handle, monitor and analyse all customer complaints delivering robust corrective actions.
- To make recommendations for process improvement initiatives and to work with relevant departments on product improvements
- To continually monitor, and working in partnership with the hygiene manager, improve factory hygiene standards
- To continually improve product quality
- To develop Technical Team through mentoring and coaching initiatives
- Responsible for investigation and verification of non-conformances
- Ensure packaging and label systems comply with current legislation
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
The role would be suitable for candidates interested in: Technical Manager, QA Manager, Quality Manager, Controller, Quality Assurance Supervisor, Technical Supervisor, QC Supervisor, Newport, Cardiff, Swansea, Food Manufacturer, FMCG