Maintenance Engineer Technician
Maintenance Engineering Technician, Nelson, Lancashire
We are fast growing, fast paced and ambitious and this provides exciting and multiple career opportunities. We can demonstrate a record of excellent career progression for our people including our highly regarded engineering team.
Our Background and Ambition
Our drinks on every table. That's our vision. We're thirsty for more and growing fast which is why we recently invested £1.25 billion in expanding our global manufacturing footprint making us the largest independent bottler of soft drinks and fruit juices in the world….
We're now the proud owners of six drinks manufacturing sites within the UK and we're looking for experienced electrical, mechanical or multi-skilled continental shift based engineers to come join our site in Nelson, Lancashire, literally just off the M65 so the site couldn't be easier to commute to!
Our engineering team is led by Scott, our Site Engineering Manager, and he is excited about bringing new talent into his team to support the delivery of the engineering strategy at site. His drive and commitment to our current engineers, our apprenticeship programme and the site as a whole means that our engineering team at Nelson are well led, feel valued and have an exciting future ahead of them as the site continues to grow and develop.
Your Background and Ambition
Now you know a little about us, we'd like to know a little about you. So who are you….?
- You'll have worked previously within a fast paced manufacturing environment and be used to working to exceptionally high standards of safety as safety is our number one priority here at our Nelson site.
- You'll love working as part of an energetic and focussed engineering team who are passionate about using their skills and knowledge to improve our site's manufacturing performance whether it's through undertaking routine or unplanned maintenance activities on our production lines or designing creative solutions as part of our continuous improvement approach here at site.
- You're keen to support an embedded apprenticeship programme through actively mentoring our apprentices as we currently have six on site in training
- You'll be familiar with using Computer Maintenance Management Systems and understand the importance of quality systems and processes within a manufacturing environment.
- You're looking to join a Company that are the best in what they do, that value their employees through ensuring they provide a great place to work, and that invest in their people to grow and develop as the site grows and develops.
- You're looking to join a place where you can see the difference you make every day, that gives you a true sense of job satisfaction and that challenges your engineering skills and knowledge so that you can apply what you know whilst learning more all the time.
- You're ready to join us
Our Offer to You
- We want you to feel rewarded for the work you do so we offer a competitive hourly rate between £12.90 and £13.62, a 33% shift allowance, overtime payable at basic x 1.65, and pension contributions matched up to 7%.
- We actively promote a great work life balance by giving you an extended weekend every other week with Friday, Saturday and Sunday off shift due to the way our 42 hour average weekly continental shift pattern works.
- We also want to welcome you properly into our engineering team so after passing your six month probation with us you'll get a little something in your wage (£500 of a little something that is!) and when you've been with us a year we'll give you £1,000.
- We all love a holiday so with our holiday entitlement set at 264 hours you've got plenty of opportunity to take a break (the equivalent of 33 days including bank holidays mapped against our 12 hour conti shift pattern).
- We are committed to developing all our employees on site so you'll be mapped onto our training matrix, have your development areas identified to create your individual training plan so that we can ensure you're constantly learning in your role.
- We care about supporting our employees when they need it the most so our occupational sick pay scheme provides a generous sick pay amount dependent upon length of service.
- We expect you would love to drink our products so you're able to take advantage of our amazing range of own brand soft drink products with our staff shop at heavily discounted prices.
- And of course we've got all the usual bits and pieces including a healthcare payment plans, cycle to work scheme, corporate leisure club membership to name but a few.
Your Next Step
Interested? Intrigued? Well then get in touch, and we can arrange a call to chat to Scott, our Site Engineering Manager. We've got lots more to tell you, so we look forward to hearing from you
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
Please Note: Once you apply you will be redirected to the careers site, please follow this link for your application to be accepted.
This role may be of interest to people interested in the following: Maintenance Engineer, Multi Skilled Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Engineering Supervisor, Asset Care Maintenance, Electrical, Mechanical, PPM, Engineer, Engineering Team Leader, Nelson, Blackburn, Lancashire, Preston, Bury, Bolton, Manchester.
Apply for Maintenance Engineer Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly