Ashby (Home of Hula Hoops…)
C£30,000 per annum
Sensory evaluation of KP Snacks products is critical to ensure that we meet consumer expectations and deliver reliable data to aid decision making. The Sensory Manager is responsible for delivering sensory studies to support exciting new product launches and pro-actively developing longer term studies such as competitor benchmarking. The Sensory Manager is the Sensory expert for KP and is part of the KP Development team, reporting to the Flavour Technology and Sensory Manager. In this role you will lead a panel of 10 part time expert tasters, taking responsibility for recruitment, training and motivation and directing their work for two panel sessions per week. You will also provide specialist support across all KP categories and contribute to multi-functional projects.
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or individually,
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a FMCG environment, preferably food and including product development and sensory assessment.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a Science discipline, ideally including statistics and/or Food.
- Experience in statistical analysis and working knowledge of sensory statistical software (Fizz or similar)
- Knowledge and use of discrimination and descriptive techniques along with working knowledge of statistical theory and application in sensory testing.
- Experience in leading a sensory panel / running tasting sessions
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills and ability to analyse and interpret data from a range of sources.
You should have a can do attitude, be pro-active in seeking ways to better support changing business needs and have a natural enthusiasm about food and product development and curiosity about sensory perception, with great tasting ability.
The award-winning culture at KP snacks is friendly, welcoming and supportive. We encourage everyone to be the best they can be, working together to achieve great results.
Be a part of it!