Shift Operations Manager
PepsiCo is looking for a high calibre Shift Operations Manager to join our busy snacks manufacturing site in Skelmersdale, Lancashire.
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products. Making every day favourites like Walkers Crisps and Quaker Oats, we have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and have recently been voted a Top Employer for the seventh year in a row.
Our Skelmersdale factory is a key part of the Walkers portfolio producing a wide range of snacks such Snack-a-Jacks and Monster Munch. The site opened in 2006; it’s our newest factory and is home to around 500 of our team.
In this role you’ll provide a single point of leadership on shift ensuring day to day alignment of stakeholders and direct reports to deliver shift performance. You will be responsible for managing all people related issues on shift in addition to identifying opportunities for future improvements to shift performance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the on shift team, driving excellence in their work and continuously striving for improvements in working practices.
- Responsible for the balanced scorecard delivery on shift.
- Recognising future demands on the shift team and driving readiness to meet these needs.
- Managing shift stakeholders ensuring timely and effective communication.
- Responsible for key people processes on shift e.g. talent reviews, disciplinaries, development for targeted individuals, roundtables, pay review and other communications.
- Acting as the point of contact for any non-executional, task based shift requirements.
- Responsible for overall continuous improvement across all areas of the shift.
- Responsible for coordinating the 12 hourly QCDM (Quality Cost Delivery Management) escalation meeting on shift.
- Delivering performance management processes for Shift Co-ordinators.
- Providing absence cover for opposite Shift Operations Managers.
- Responsible for safety on shift.
What we're looking for:
- You’ll need to be an experienced Manufacturing Manager from an FMCG environment.
- Educated to degree level or of degree calibre.
- Strong managerial skills with demonstrated evidence of large people management experience.
- Great leadership, communication, influencing, analytical skills and effective stakeholder management.
- Flexible, ‘can do,’ attitude to role and duties.
- Results driven and understands the link between action and results.
- Excellent communicator with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to influence upwards and across in the organisation.
- Good IT and presentation skills.
- Able to prioritise.
This role comes with a range of flexible benefits, and a base salary in the region of £42,000 to £47,000 plus a 7.5% bonus, shift premium of 23.5%.
You’ll be working a continental shift (12 hour shifts, rotating days and nights).