Product Innovation Manager
A Product Innovation Manager is required to join a leading Food & Drink advisory business based in the West Midlands.
The main job purpose is to lead grow and develop the product innovation offering through forward looking technical research and proactive relationship building with key clients. This will be through the stimulation and creation of new research and development projects that take the team forward into new areas of technology consistent with the growth ambition of the company.
- Manage the team through development and implementation of a mix of, research, consultancy and training projects across the broad spectrum of Product Innovation topics.
- Being an expert in current best practice in systems and practice in product innovation, keep the company at the forefront of development of new skills and knowledge across the Product Innovation area from idea generation to manufacture.
- Work with the multidisciplinary teams in the Centre of Technical Excellence to develop product innovation services that support innovation – formulation, technology and processing.
- Development and implementation of business development strategies leading to the preparation and conversion of proposals to clients resulting in contracts, training and research income for the area.
- Take responsibility for and interpret scientific results from project trials preparing reports and communicating results in line with the client and company expectations.
- Respond to direct technical enquiries using own expertise and information retrieved from relevant sources to answer the client query.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject, with experience in food manufacturing to give the appropriate level of credibility to operate in this broad and strategic role. A higher degree may be an advantage if in an appropriate area.
- Effective and extensive technical project and programme management skills from recent experience.
- Significant credibility in product innovation accrued through extensive industrial experience in the area of Product Innovation across the chain from ideation to manufacturing.
- Good verbal and communication skills to form good business relationship and to develop new business.
- Effective time management skills relating to effective delivery and business practices
- IT literate – in respect of business and technical software systems
- Can-do, enterprising and driven.
- Skilled at developing new ideas and bringing them to fruition in a friendly but challenging multidisciplinary environment.
- Full UK/EU driving licence and be eligible to work and travel freely within the EU.
This role will require regular travel across the UK and overseas in order to conduct trials, provide consultancy in factories and for business development purposes.
Interested? Then click the apply button today, or contact Rob Salter for further information on 01233 223 712 / firstname.lastname@example.org
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit.