Out client is a medium sized privately owned food business and are vibrant, profitable and growing. They are investing in further growth and recognise the need to introduce a number of organisational and cultural changes across the board to propel it on its next phase of development. This is a pivotal role with a focus on implementing best practice and developing efficient and effective processes for the business.
Reporting to the Owner/Managing Director and part of the senior leadership team, the Operations Director will be responsible for both manufacturing strategy and the delivery of the day to day running of the site. This will include operations, technical, engineering and supply chain. The role will involve creating, delivering and championing a continuous improvement and quality culture.
- Full site responsibility, charged with achieving maximum operational efficiency and resource utilisation
- This is a change management role requiring leadership and focus on developing the senior management team and strengthening a culture based on customer service, continuous improvement, quality and best practice
- Work closely with the commercial function and customers to deliver long term growth
- Deliver capital projects on time and to budget
- Support the development and delivery of the business plan in line with the overall operations, business strategy and values
- Maintain and improve health & safety, quality, service, cost, margin and EBIT targets
They are looking for an astute business leader to coach and develop the team and be central in driving the business forward. Experience of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing techniques and the introduction of change processes to a business is important. The successful candidate will have an outgoing personality and will win the minds and hearts of the business, making sustainable success happen. Although your background is likely to be from a large modern corporate you will have the ability to move seamlessly into a less structured smaller company where decision making is virtually immediate.
You will have broad general management experience gained from within a modern volume food manufacturing or processing environment and a positive management style allied to a hands-on approach to leading the business. You will be highly numerate and financially aware with good communication, presentational and visionary skills.
Candidates must have good spoken and written English, currently be resident in the UK and be entitled to work in this country.