Peter’s Yard Wholesale Ltd is a bakery business making award-winning, Swedish inspired, premium sourdough crispbreads. The company has listings in Waitrose, Sainsbury’s, Ocado, Booths, Wholefoods, independent farm shops and delis. With ambitious growth plans to expand the business both in the UK and selected export markets, the company is looking for a new technical assistant to join their small and vibrant team.
We are looking for someone who is ambitious, driven and is eager to widen their technical knowledge. If you are bright, adaptable and a good communicator, this could be an amazing opportunity for you. If you are willing to do both the “boring” and the exciting stuff with equal enthusiasm, you are flexible and hands-on, you will enjoy working with us. Working with Peter’s Yard will give you the exposure you only get from successful small businesses where you can be part of exciting growth projects.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, you will play a key role in ensuring high quality, process, and safety standards are maintained. You will be working closely with the operations and bakery teams to support the ongoing consumer preference for Peter’s Yard products. You will be responsible for supporting the Technical Manager in all aspects relating to the quality assurance management systems of the company and its suppliers.
- You will ensure product QAS for existing and new products are documented and communicated to the bakery team.
- You will conduct process control audits to monitor quality and process performance.
- You will be responsible for leading weekly taste panels and ensuring all corrective actions are completed in a timely manner.
- You will be responsible for complaint handling and maintaining PY exceptional low complaint levels.
- You will be responsible for creating and maintaining Peter’s Yard customer specifications.
- You will assist in creating and updating product labels in compliance with UK, EU and US labelling regulations.
- Communicate with packaging supplier, complete customer questionnaires and respond to customer queries.
- Any other reasonable work that is requested by the Manager Technical to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- In time, you will be assigned projects to lead within the scope of your job description.
- Food related degree with passion for food, innovation and quality.
- Min 2 years relevant experience ideally working in a food company.
- Practical experience in quality, technical and process control roles preferable.
- Experience with labelling and product specifications.
- Innovative and creative with good problem solving skills.
- Sound understanding of HACCP and quality management systems.
- Ability to build good relationships both internally and with key suppliers.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work on own initiative
- Ability to efficiently manage time and meet all deadlines.
- Salary range: £22000 – 25000 (depending on experience)
- Holiday Entitlement: 25 days (plus a day for your birthday!)
- We will equip you with a phone and a Macbook