Our client is a leading manufacturer of value added food ingredients.
Our client also produces derivatives and intermediates related to these business segments. The Group has built a strong portfolio of brands of leading market shares in the domestic and regional markets. The brands’ single-minded focus is to offer great value to consumers.
Research & Development Director
The person in this position will identify and develop new products and associated process technologies for sustainable business growth whilst ensuring implementation and commercialisation of agreed products. The R&D Director will drive the innovation process together with the Marketing, Production and senior management team and build a strong innovation led production pipeline.
- Formulate and execute a technical and R&D strategy, which is aligned to the business strategy
- Craft a three year R&D strategic plan and execute it through a 12 month operational plan
- Contribute to the top-line through market leading innovation and renovation of existing products
- Oversee development of new products throughout the new product development life-cycle and provide guidance to the R&D team
- Take overall accountability for all new product development projects being executed by the R&D teams
- Drive the engagement and satisfaction of the team through holding periodic meetings to discuss the achievements and address any employee issues and/or concerns. Build an effective, efficient and motivated team
- Masters in Food Technology or Chemistry
- 15+ years of experience in R&D department for a Foods company with at least 5-6 years of experience in leading the R&D function for an organisation in Foods business
- Deep knowledge in field of food technology and/or food science
- In-depth understanding of food safety and hygiene
- Knowledge of food regulations across different countries