Raw Materials Quality Technologist (Maternity Cover)
This prepared convenience food manufacturer requires a Raw Materials Quality Technician for a 6 month maternity cover contract. Your remit will be to test all product & materials against approved specifications, carry out lab duties on a daily basis and maintain concise & clear records/ reports for all results
- To ensure the safety of oneself and others at all times.
- Manage pre-shipment testing including analysing results from external labs.
- First point of contact for pre-shipment samples, including approval and maintenance of the raw material sampling database.
- Collect raw material and packaging and perform checks and analysis of all products arriving at site.
- To be able to collate all results and act on non-complying results and circulate to the relevant people.
- Maintain a non-conformity log and inform the supplier approval team.
- To be able to analyse and propose corrective actions
- Understanding customer and food specifications.
Regular running of taste panels & cooking trials.
- To be able to work unsupervised but within an agreed work schedule.
- Collect/ arrange/ create samples for NPD, Lab, Customers & Suppliers.
- Manage equipment maintenance and calibration.
- To carry out any other task in connection with the department to support the business needs.
- Flexibility to cover different shift patterns as required to cover absence/holiday and overtime as required.
You will have a degree or equivalent in food and/or agronomic science disciplines, excellent IT and problem solving skills and the ability to work to a time deadline.
Basic Food Safety/HACCP experience would be advantageous as would having worked to a specific lab accreditation scheme.
Experience with implementing lab and process control procedures