HR Manager 6 Month FTC
** Food Manufacturing or FMCG/ Warehousing Environment experience would be favorable**
Job Title: HR Manager FTC 6 Months - View to going permanent
Reports to: Directors
The HR Manager responsible for the management of all employee relations, HR policies and procedures and ensures the delivery of the HR plan.
- CIPD qualified (level 5 or above)
- Current employment law and ACAS Code of Practice.
- HR generalist experience including employee relations and recruitment and selection.
- Disciplinary process management.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong IT skills including Excel.
- Training delivery skills.
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Experience of managing an HR team.
- Ability to analyse information and make sound recommendations based on findings.
- Co-operative and supportive team player.
In respect of the above the HR Manager is specifically responsible for the following:
- Provide a comprehensive advice service to line managers in relations to all employee issues including absence and health issues, disciplinary, capability and performance, grievance matters, ensuring legislation, policy and best practice are followed, seeking input from Peninsula as required.
- Support Management with projects, as required, ensuring compliance with employment law, policies and procedures.
- Ensure all appropriate staff records are maintained in relation to all formal HR issues conforming with legislation.
- Ensure the delivery of the annual performance review process.
- Collate performance ratings and ensure all performance review forms are completed and objectives signed for all staff.
- Deliver training modules to managers/supervisors on the performance review process to include holding the appraisal meeting and setting SMARTER objectives.
Training & Development
- Develop HR related training modules/courses for managers/supervisors in order to support the development of our staff with People Management responsibility
- Organise external training courses with providers and ensure employees complete the relevant training agreements.
Recruitment & Selection
·Ensure all relevant recruitment forms are completed including Authority to Recruit and Offer Instruction Forms.
·Develop and implement innovative ways of attracting both active and passive candidates for each approved job role, to ensure best value from recruitment budget.
·Monitor the effectiveness of job boards to ensure we are getting the best from the advertising methods we are using.
·Prepare engaging and targeted job advertisement for internal and external use, in line with branding and tone.
·Support the HR Assistant with screening CVs and ensure CVs are short-listed within timescales agreed with hiring managers.
·Ensure candidates are contacted in a timely way for offers and rejections.
·Monitor and analyse recruitment data on a monthly basis, including candidate numbers, sources, costs, etc., using the information to improve upon recruitment processes.
- Coach and guide line management to improve engagement within their teams.
- Develop and implement new ideas for improving engagement
- Supervise the work, training and performance and contribution of the HR Assistant and Payroll Administrator, including carrying out monthly 1-2-1s, performance reviews and objective setting.
- Supervisor HR and Payroll administration processes and activities, including (but not limited to) offer letters, contracts, employee files, payroll checking, references, probationary reviews, exit interviews, health and safety and induction sessions.
- Produce monthly HR KPIs/MI data for Senior Management Meeting to include turnover, recruitment, ER issues, etc.
- Any such other task as may be required by the business.
If this sounds of interest call Scott Ballantine at D R Newitt immediately on 0131 226 5060