Role: Hygiene Manager
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + Benefits
Would you like to work for an organisation who are not only market leaders but 100% people centric when it comes to employee engagement? A business who are at an exciting time in the groups development and are making important steps in their transformational growth plan? A business that are continually innovating and bringing exciting next generation added value products to market across retail and foodservice categories? A business implements exceptional career development plans to support your growth? If so then this opportunity could be perfect for you.
The Advocate Group have been retained by a market leader providing fresh products to all of the major UK retailers and food service customers in the UK. The business are looking for a strong leader with the ability to lead a 21 strong hygiene function across 3 shifts ensuring that the correct hygiene standards have been implemented and are being maintained in a high risk production facility.
Responsibilities will include:
- To verify and measure the delivery of the hygiene standards across the business ensuring standards are maintained and are in line with customer requirements.
- To ensure monthly verification audits are in place to validate these requirements supported with an annual review that demonstrates any trends within the data and the preventative measures implemented to prevent a reoccurrence.
- To ensure accurate and up to date CIC’s are in place supported with Risk Assessments and verified via published audits.
- To have a scheduled environmental monitoring programme in place for all products coupled with a system that ensures all OOS results are fully investigated, published internally and closed out.
- To trend the data and results, highlighting any areas requiring specific focus to the relevant departmental Managers. Publishing a corrective and preventative action plan.
- To ensure the required data and Hygiene documentation is in place, accurately populated and easy to retrieve.
- To support both internal and external audits representing the Hygiene function
- To feed required data in to the Group Technical Account Manager for the population of customer reports and Business plans.
- To ensure PPE and Hygiene consumables fulfil both Unit B and C’s requirements and are managed within budgetary requirements.
- To be part of the risk assessment process for any new equipment, ensuring the delivery of any required training requirements supported with clear CIC’s
- To hold regular review meetings with Hygiene suppliers (Holchem) and ensure independent audits are completed as external verification of our standards. Publishing the results and ensuring any corrective actions are fully implemented, through the Production teams, and closed out.
- To conduct ‘adhoc’ and scheduled Hygiene audits across all shifts and all areas (internally and externally) verifying the standards. Put in place preventative action plans to close out these issues and re-audit to validate compliance.
- Provide insight on new cleaning materials, methods and equipment, presenting the justification for such methods to the Technical Management team.
- Conduct independent ATP swabbing as an additional verification activity of the cleaning standards.
The Successful candidate:
To be successful in this role you should be able to demonstrate experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment, coupled with budgetary awareness and food safety knowledge.
- Experience within a FMCG environment (preferred)
- Working knowledge of Hygiene management systems
- Ability to influence
- Sound organisational skills
- Ability to work cross functionally over the organisation
- Ability to analyse data and support in the formulation of action plans
- Ability to work as part of a larger multi-site Technical team
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note The Advocate Group is acting as an employment agency & business.