A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a large reputable food distribution company who have a requirement for a Transport Router at one of their sites in Berkshire.
You will have to co-ordinate and plan day-to-day customer deliveries. You must ensure efficient routing and planning of all HGV vehicles ensuring cost effective planning of distance travelled, minimise cost without any effect to customer service or compromising driver’s legal requirement under the WTD.
You will build and develop relationships with internal and external customers implementing improvements and enhancements to help productivity. You will need to make sure that all customer delivery windows are met in accordance with customer expectation.
- Learn and understand all routes and associated delivery areas
- Plan customer deliveries in line with
- Be able to make quick and effective changes to schedules when required, ensuring minimum disruption to customers and that cost is taken into account
- Maximise vehicle utilisation
- Brief drivers with customer, route and delivery changes
- Ensure all routes are allocated to leave within specified departure windows
- Solve day to day planning issues
- Maintain high standards to ensure that all safety regulations are met
- Support the management of driver hours in line with WTD
- Carry out initial and ongoing route assessments, including customer delivery point assessments to ensure most cost effective and efficient delivery schedules are carried out
- Support the customer services team by active communication and support across functions
- To assist the Transport Supervisor and provide cover during periods of absence
- Assist in driver debrief as and when required
- Measure KPIs:
- Items per van day
- KPL – Kilometres per Litre
- Kilometres travelled
- Customer retention
- Customer delivery expectation
- Strong knowledge of Central London
- Ability to work with others in department
- Analytical/Accurate data entry
- Communication and decision making skills
Monday to Friday working 10:00-19:00, however flexibility is required. Sunday work is required on a shift basis working from home for a short period.
Ref Code: FMW18302
To apply or for more information, please e-mail in strict confidence, with an updated CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of Jon Hemming-Nash to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.