My client is a well-established Food Manufacturer. A combination of tradition and innovation has helped to secure this company's place as a market leader in the area they specialise. An exciting opportunity Technical Manager arises to join the team.
- Working within the Technical Dept, ensuring the safe and legal supply of the company's products to its customers.
- Ensuring food safety systems are in place, throughout the whole process flow, are regularly reviewed and updated as well as meeting customer and industry, standards in Food Safety and Quality Management.
- Ensuring a robust management process is in place in order to defend the food supply chain from intentional contamination or fraud.
- Ensuring a comprehensive system of allergen risk assessment and controls are in place across all areas of the site; this includes training and control of staff, contractors, visitors, and all internal movements.
- To ensure that a detailed and comprehensive system of Pest Control is in place across the site and offices; this requires a close working relationship with Operations, Engineering, and Stores & Logistics.
- To ensure that all aspects of the company's food production process is compliant with all relevant food-related legislation, including horizon scanning to enable structured compliance planning.
- Food Science or Food Technology qualification and experience.
- Proven Managerial skills.
- Relevant food manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of HACCP, TACCP, VACCP.
- Working knowledge of Allergens.
- Ability to work under own motivation.
- Good communication / interpersonal skills.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Analytical mind.
- Strong computing skills.
What’s on offer?
- An industry competitive salary.
- 27 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays.
- Contributory Pension.
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Simon Norris.