This is an opportunity for a Quality Manager to step up into an exciting Technical Manager position.
Gazebo Fine Foods Ltd is privately owned business established for over 30 years. We specialise in manufacturing of chilled & frozen ethnic snacks and ready meals. We have built our success around delivering Quality Products, Unbeatable Service and New Product Development. Supplying directly into all major convenience retailers, major retailer, wholesalers & the catering sector in the UK and some part of Europe.
We are seeking a Technical Manager to lead a team responsible for manufacture of a high quality, safe Finished Production whilst employing the principles of the Global Standard for Foods Safety (BRC), from receipt of Raw Materials to despatch of Finished Product and thereafter.
- Custodian of Food safety.
- Carries out training for all Production, Technical and Operation policies and procedures.
- Carries out duties/procedures that are detailed in our Food Safety and Quality Manual, and HACCP.
- Directs all Technical operations for the plant.
- Suggests methods for improving product quality or design, or manufacturing processes.
- Ensures the smooth transition of products from NPD concept, until launch in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Ensures the Contract renewals of Hygiene, Equipment, Monitoring apparatus, Waste disposal, and Pest Control and Maintenance Schedule contracts.
- Monitoring supplier performance.
- Formulates long term Operational and Technical strategies.
- Manages updates and controls systems in accordance with Food Safety and Quality Standards.
- Organises and leads Management meetings, HACCP Team meetings, Management Review and Crisis Management Team meetings
- Liaises with Customers regarding product specification, Food Safety, Legality and Quality issues and customer complaints.
- Responsible for coordinating and leading third party audits and customer audits.
Reporting to the Managing Director the successful Technical Manager will have a minimum of 3 years' experience in a Quality role within food.
- Degree qualification in a science discipline
- HAACP training at ideally an intermediate level
- Internal auditing skills
- An excellent understanding of English and communication skills
- Relationship and stakeholder management
- Good knowledge on Microsoft office i.e excel, word and power point.
- Experience working within chilled food products would be a bonus
On offer is a salary of £35,000 - £40,000 based on experience in a leadership role with a well-respected food manufacturer that has exciting growth plans for the business.