Market leading meat producer are looking for a Technical Manager to drive Technical focus and strategy for the site, ensuring effective maintenance of all relevant legal, third party and industry codes of practices and regulations.
Managing the development of the Technical team delivering continuous improvement in products, process and personnel, ensuring successful customer and product management.
Market leader in their field. They maintain excellent standards and are extremely socially aware. They have very strong morals that help guide their business decisions. This approach has gained them great respect within their industry.
- In conjunction with the senior management team, contribute to the formulation of the business strategies for the company/site and deliver customer requirements as necessary to maintain and develop business
- Take an active role in the development and maintenance of the Quality Plan and HACAP documents actively promoting adherence to Quality, Food Safety, GMP and HACCP standards to achieve a finished product within quality control specifications
- Actively promote a safety culture with in the team and factory ensuring all health & safety requirements are met in line with the attached H&S guidelines
- Take ownership for and ensure continuous improvement of the site Food Safety & Quality Management System and Manual
- Provide continual leadership and guidance to team members ensuring they are supported and equipped increasing their effectiveness and establishing good working relationships identifying training and development needs within the team
- Lead on all customer certification and competent authority factory food safety and quality audits, maintain site approvals and certification.
- Manage BRC, customer audits and conduct supplier compliance inspections maintaining strong relationships with the Competent Authorities
- Monitor and ensure all customer complaints are investigated ensuring close out actions and adherence to set targets
- Maintain systems for checking, validating and verifying process compliance
- Ensure that production of product ranges comply with the quality standards and import requirements of relevant markets
- Assist with any trials and projects that take place, liaise closely with research organisations in relevant areas.
- Deliver Technical reports to the business and customers as required in a timely manner.
- Review technical policies, procedures and standards on a regular basis ensuring legislative updates are applied and adhered to
- Manage external relationships with customer, laboratories or other organisations for the purpose of acquiring knowledge or access to technology
- People management of the Technical team, supporting managers in employee relations matters and monitoring sickness/absenteeism levels escalating where appropriate
- Support staff induction and training [including agency workers]
- Manage the technical budget to meet business strategies.
- Manage third party contracts for ancillary services e.g. laundry
- Support and promote on animal welfare
- Qualified in a food related subject such as Food Technology/Science
- A minimum of 5 years' experience working at a similar or smaller site or directly reporting to the Technical Manager at a larger site
- Has experience of working in a fresh food factory environment dealing with red or white meat
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to delegate effectively when required
- Work cross functionally to support the needs of the business with the ability to use own initiative
- Strong planning and organisational skills, demonstrating flexibility towards changing business demands
- Proactive, dynamic and motivational with the ability to deliver results in a fast paced, pressurised environment
- Familiar with an Abattoir operation
- Ability to build a rapport with external stakeholders to develop and strengthen customer relationships and is familiar with dealing directly with the main supermarket companies
- Focus on attention to detail and maintaining high standards
- Intermediate level IT Skills
- Qualified to a minimum of Food hygiene Level 3 desirable Level 4
- HACCP LV3
- Can provide evidence of experience of third party external audits i.e. BRC and achieving A or A* rating
Competitive salary based on experience