Transport Distribution Manager – FMCG Manufacturing
My client is an Award Winning FMCG manufacturing business. We are looking for a Transport Distribution Manager to manage both the operational and strategic requirements of the Direct Delivery and Customer Delivery departments.
Reporting to the Logistics Director, you will be responsible for managing both the operational and strategic requirements of the Direct Delivery and Customer Delivery departments in conjunction with a team of Supervisors. You will ensure that both departments deliver optimum customer service to over 1600 stores, operate fully within the scope of the ‘Operators’ license and legal compliance and engage and motivate both teams of delivery drivers.
- Experienced Transport Operations Manager with Food / FMCG experience.
- CPC National Qualification is essential.
- Excellent engagement and communication skills with experience of managing and leading a large transport team.
- Experience of working within a unionised environment.
- Budget management experience.
- Lead, develop and inspire the team of 8 supervisors and c140 drivers to deliver operational and customer service excellence.
- Proactively support the commercial team in their quest to grow the business.
- Encourage open communication.
- Provide an exceptional service to customers that meets the targets of the business in regards to orderfill, delivery on time and professional customer service.
- Ensure the team is adequately trained and has on-going developmental opportunities.
- Ensure that the quality of the product and service is managed as a priority in line with the values of the business.
- Utilise and improve the current systems to manage operational KPI’s such as cost, Tachograph infringements, speeding occasions and Working Time Directive requirements.
- Be involved and lead if relevant, any projects that are required to support the business strategy and 5 year plan.
- Ensure that the drivers are de-briefed on a daily basis and any actions or issues are dealt with in a timely manner and the information is relayed back to the individual.
- Make drivers available for annual CPC sessions to ensure adherence with legislation.
- Develop new and improved ways of working with the Supervisor team, Logistics Project Manager and other stakeholders which delivers cost, service or engagement benefits.
- Manage the team through agreed KPI’s and demonstrate improvements against agreed targets.
- Champion Health & Safety in all aspects of the operations ensuring that the companies zero accident culture is promoted and worked towards by all.
- A growing and well-established food manufacturing business, with a track record of delivering the highest quality products to a prestigious client base.
- Fantastic reputation as a local employer.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the ‘Apply Now’ button.
All applications will be acknowledged.