NPD Technologist, South Lanarkshire, Food Manufacturing
Permanent position, with flexible working arrangements also considered. Minimum of 3 days on site required.
We have a requirement for an experienced NPD Technologist to join the NPD team within an established food manufacturer based in South Lanarkshire. Reporting directly to the Head of Sales & Development, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing assigned NPD project briefs from concept to production.
Key responsibilities of the role will include: -
- To manage & co-ordinate NPD project portfolio, from formulation to plant approval, working closely with the Production Manager and other key contacts on site.
- Working with cross-functional teams to implement development plans to cost and timescale, ensuring that brief and product launch timeframes are achieved.
- The Technologist will be responsible for managing the day to day progression of each project within their portfolio. This will involve coordinating and driving all activities on the Critical Path.
Ideally, the right person for the role would possess the following attributes: -
- A solid grounding in Food Technology, both in formulation experience and understanding of food process. A degree or equivalent in Food Science is desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years NPD experience within an FMCG company
- A self-starter, the ability to work autonomously and with a high degree of initiative.
- A real 'foodie', someone who is enthusiastic, innovative and keen to keep up to date with new trends within the industry.
- Good understanding of program / project management with the ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively to achieve internal and external deadlines.
- Relevant experience of working with retail branded products and interface with the major retailers would be highly beneficial.
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits e.g. 6% employer contribution pension scheme, 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays (full time), life assurance cover & cycle to work schemes available.
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement
This may be of interest to: Food Manufacturing, FMCG, Production, Manufacturer, Operations, Drink, Beverages, NPD Technologist, Food Technologist, Process Technologist, New Product Development Technician, QA Assistant, Product Developer, Quality, R&D, Manager, Supervisor, Technical Developer, Product Developer, Production, Carluke, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Livingston, Hamilton, East Kilbride, Lanarkshire