SITE PRODUCTION PLANNER
Site Production Planner – FMCG / Food Manufacturing
Location: West Lothian
Permanent – 40 hours per week Monday to Friday
The business are well established in the UK, supplying food products to all the UK supermarkets as well as having expanded into Europe. They produce a range of high quality foods, and have seen exceptional annual growth since the business opened.
They now require an experienced Production Planner to join the Supply chain team. In this role you will ensure the products are manufactured and delivered effectively, efficiently, on-time, to specification and in a cost-effective manner.
- To plan the production of finished goods to fulfil orders and stock requirements.
- Translate the long-term demand plan into a daily / weekly / monthly production schedule in line with standard operating efficiencies and agreed stock holdings.
- Advise production of labour requirements to achieve the production plan.
- Liaise with the material planner to ensure sufficient raw materials / packaging are in place to fulfil the production plan.
- Report and monitor production KPI’s vs standard: plan attainment, labour, waste, OEE.
- Work with the Warehouse Team to review finished goods stock holding so that stock inaccuracies can be highlighted and improved ways of working can be achieved in order to effectively manage finished goods and continually improve processes.
- Clear communication and escalation of issues in a timely manner to ensure that these are brought to resolution so that Service Level is not affected or unavoidable shortages are proactively communicated to affected customers.
To Be Successful You Must Have:
- Experience of production planning within an FMCG environment, ideally food or drink.
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally. Can communicate effectively whether in person, by phone, e-mail or other media.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and/or SAP (or similar ERP systems).
- A proactive approach to tasks. Tackles problems in a timely manner and escalates where necessary to ensure these are overcome.
- Ability to quickly learn and willing to bridge knowledge gaps where needed.
To apply please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 205 4970 for further information.