To direct the transport team to ensure operational compliance with statutory requirements and group policy, achievement of budgetary targets and contractual KPI's and the continuous development of the function in line with the division’s strategic goals.Main responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction to the team to ensure that they are engaged, focused, developed and delivering to their potential
- Promote and monitor operational practices, using available tracking tools, to ensure that safety and compliance with the road traffic act are the critical priorities at all times
- Oversee the maintenance of the vehicle fleet to ensure compliance with the vehicle check and servicing practices, cleanliness, food safety requirements and leasing agreements
- Maintain close communication with Greencore sites and customers/depots to ensure that all parties are kept informed of any schedule or revised collection or delivery times
- Construct budgets and associated drivers’rota, feeding back any required changes from the planning team.
- Review resource plans in response to any changes so that the planning team can make required changes manage spend to ensure maximise cost efficiency
- Ensure use of Greencore handheld delivery technology to ensure accurate customer billing
- Monitor KPI and budget performance to identify and implement continuous improvement programmes
- CPC required and experience with systems such as tachomaster.
- The role holder must be a strong leader who is self-motivated and highly professional with a fair, consistent and diplomatic approach.
- You must have the ability to work unsupervised, using their own initiative and determined in driving improvement.
- You will have experience working in a fast paced distribution/ logistics environment managing a team of drivers.
- Knowledge of multidrop deliveries in van operations and depot to depot trunking on HGVs refrigerated experience would be an advantage
- Knowledge of BRC standards would also be an advantage.
- Ability to work to and improve budgets through effective monitoring of KPIs and resource planning to achieve this.
- Recruitment and disciplinary knowledge. Will be expected to interview and recruit, and also provide effective support in investigations and disciplinary matters for the depot.
Greencore Group is a leading international manufacturer of convenience foods. Our ambition doesn’t stop at being the world’s largest sandwich producer, we’re looking for passionate, talented people who can help us to drive our future success. People who innovate, create, lead and inspire. We set the bar high, and expect that our people do too.