Food Quality Inspector
Ever wondered what it would be like to work with the UK’s largest hotel, restaurant & coffee shop operator? Living and breathing some of the country’s favourite restaurant brands? Being an integral member of our forward-thinking technical team where product quality and passion are at the heart of everything we do?
If you have a passion for food, innovation, safety and quality then this could a fantastic opportunity for you to join our NSF technical team as a COSTA Food Quality Inspector within our Retail, Consulting and Technical Services division. We are looking for a dynamic, driven and dedicated individual who will be a key resource to our client.
Food Quality Inspector -Whitbread Court Houghton Regis
Working as an ambassador for NSF, the successful candidate will drive Quality Improvement in products by carrying out inspection and testing of food products, reporting results and trends to the NSF team, Costa team and suppliers. Providing a responsive resource at depot and suppliers to champion quality from Toasties to Chocolate Brownies, identifying and escalating issues and responding to customer needs. Your key duties will include:
- Supporting Technical Managers with quality specifications and product specifications.
- Inspection of products arriving at our depots (including Wellingborough and Trafford Park) and occasionally at supplier facilities to ensure only the specified quality reaches our customers.
- Quality sampling with our suppliers at the manufacturing sites.
- GMP audits of 3rd party distributors for our client, including satellite storage facilities.
- Recording, trending and reporting results of inspections and audit activity for action by Technical Managers, our client, suppliers and management.
- Managing measuring equipment efficacy and calibration.
- Key contact for clients QA issues at depot.
- Managing sample submission and collection with testing laboratories.
- Provision of Ad hoc Technical support to the technical and buying teams and escalation of issues to Technical Operations Manager.
- Provision of on-site crisis support in the event of a Food Safety Alert / Incident, supporting with data gathering and managing corrective actions
Costa Food Quality Inspector – The person
The successful candidate will have a passion for food and product quality, have great personal communication skills and have experience of working with product specifications/samples and the use of online specification databases. This is a great development opportunity for anyone who has ambitions to be a Technical Manager
A key aspect to any role within our Technical Services team is to be able to react to unplanned demands and workloads so a flexible and organised individual is a must. You will also be required to travel to Wellingborough and Trafford depot and suppliers, so a valid UK driving license is important.
This is a great time to be joining NSF International and we look forward to hearing from you!