Graduate Specification Technologist
Our client, a fast-growing Chilled Food Manufacturer based in Nottinghamshire, is looking for a Graduate Specifications Technologist.
The successful candidate will be a recent Graduate with a degree or equivalent in a Food Science or related discipline. Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, you’ll get an opportunity to broaden your experience and knowledge, developing your career within the Technical Team.
- Completion of all technical information requested by customers to ensure legal compliance on internal and external systems, challenging and maintaining the technical information on finished product specifications.
- Ensuring timely review of all specifications.
- Working closely with internal departments including Development and Purchasing, and the Supply / Customer Base.
- Assisting as necessary with the updating and maintenance of raw material specifications and logging of information onto the Company Database, ensuring information is accurate and complete.
- Gathering required or missing information by liaising with Suppliers and ensuring raw materials comply with any specific customer requirements.
- Assisting in third party visits and audits, participating in the company internal audit programme and providing support within the Technical Department.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
- A degree or equivalent in a Food Science or related discipline
- Experience within the food industry
- Knowledge of food legislation, labelling, nutritional and allergen information
- A strong communicator with a conscientious and diligent attitude
- The ability to be flexible, multi task and work well under pressure
- An understanding of technical systems including HACCP
- Competency in Microsoft Word/Excel
- Impressive growth with substantial investment
- Passionate about food, excellent reputation in the Food Industry, flexible and fast-paced
- Bespoke service creating ambient, chilled and frozen products specific to customer requirements
- Diverse range of non-retail customers from blue chip food groups, to on trend restaurants
- Informal culture but totally focused approach
This is an exciting opportunity for a recent Graduate. As part of the Technical Team you will be given on the job training to enable you to broaden your experience and develop skills within this fast paced, growing business.
If you are interested then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4280 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.