We are a family run dairy manufacturer, supplying the major retailers along with food service businesses. Having recently undergone a significant investment in our facilities and we are now wanting to push forward and become a BRC accredited food manufacturing site. Due to this investment we are now recruiting for a Technical Manager to assume overall responsibility for the site technical function.
The business currently supplies the major retailers along with many food service businesses, following the expansion we are wanting to grow the business significantly and are looking for a candidate who is self-motivated and will thrive on the challenge of improving all our systems and procedures to obtain the BRC accreditation within the first year.
In this Technical Manager position you will take full responsibility for all technical aspects of the factory, ensuring that the physical factory and its operation provide for food safety, consistently meet customer and legal requirements, and work towards best practice.
The main duties
- To build and ensure the Quality Management system is fit for purpose.
- To structure, amend and maintain the quality system to ensure the requirements of all customers and accreditation bodies are met and exceeded.
- To ensure food safety, quality and due diligence is maintained.
- To provide technical support and the controls required by food safety requirements, legislation, customers and the business.
- To carry out tasks as discussed and agreed with the Managing Director
- Investigating supplier issues and complaints and ensure they are closed out to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Support the technical function and wider needs of the business as required.
- To ensure that all audits are carried out and corrective actions put in place to ensure technical integrity and standards are maintained at all times.
- To support Procurement in ensuring the technical integrity of the procurement process is maintained.
- To provide technical support with any NPD.
- To identify areas of non-compliance with all relevant legislation and codes of practice.
- To fulfil Health and Safety responsibilities.
Skills and experience
- A food related degree or certified food related training
- Experience of managing food safety, quality, legality and integrity
- Knowledge of relevant food safety legislation and implementation of BRC accreditation standards
- Working in a chilled or dairy environment within a technical management role
- Experienced in managing and maintaining Quality Management Systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident in use of HACCP principles preferably formally trained in HACCP, TACCP & VACCP