Site Engineering Manager
A fantastic opportunity to join a successful, food manufacturing business which is experiencing an exciting period of growth, both through its existing business and securing a number of new contracts. Alongside this commercial growth, the company is investing heavily in its facilities to lay the foundations for continued success.
Leading the site engineering team to continuously improve the availability of equipment to be able to manufacture quality products in a safe and cost-effective way.
This requires an understanding of modern maintenance techniques and procedures as well as a good working operational knowledge of manufacturing sites. You must be capable of ensuring a quick reaction to daily business needs and be able to balance this against dedicating an appropriate amount of time and energy to developing improvement strategies and action plans.
The development and application of systems and controls are of paramount importance to this role, whether they are the planned maintenance schedules or other plant systems in order to ensure continued improvement in safety, quality, service and cost.
- Location: North East Lincolnshire
- Salary: Competitive
- Function: Engineering
Key responsibilities include:
- Fulfilling a key role within the site management team, being fully accountable and reporting on assets and ancillary plant downtime across site.
- Delivering engineering performance for the site whilst responsible for the day-to-day management of the site maintenance budgets.
- Implementing safe systems work and managing 3rd party site engineering works, liaising with the operations team to ensure that plant critical repairs minimize equipment downtime and managed out of hours works.
- Upholding GMP engineering standards across site ensuring 3rd party technical customer audits & statutory inspections are passed, and any non-conformances are closed out with root cause analysis to avoid repeat failure.
- Leading the implementation of the site PPM system using the current CMMS, ensuring PM activity is carried out during factory downtime at the correct frequency to an agreed standard.
We're looking for a talented and credible Engineering Manager, who is looking for an opportunity to be a key part of this success story. You'll know what good looks like within a manufacturing environment and be motivated by, and passionate about, maintaining the highest professional, manufacturing and technical standards. You'll have excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed leadership and management skills.
You will have at least 5-10 years of experience of senior management in engineering functions within a FMCG or food manufacturing environment. You will also be an IOSH-trained, time-served multi-skilled engineer with previous experience of managing large revenue budgets. If this sounds like you, and you'd like to find out more about this incredible opportunity, we would love to hear from you.