Energy Centre Engineering Technician (Mechanical Bias)
3 days left
- Contract Type
Arla are one of the world's largest dairy producers. Our positive and collaborative culture will bring out the best in you. And you'll join a market leader who produces nutritious household-favourite brands in a way that makes things better for our customers, the farmers who own us, and the whole world.
Join us as a multiskilled, mechanically biased, engineer at our flagship Aylesbury dairy working within the Energy Centre and you'll contribute to making food that is loved by millions.
You will be required to effectively operate and maintain a wide variety of services equipment - Including Ammonia Compressors, Air Compressors, Steam Boilers, CHP Engines, AD Plant, Electrical Distribution Networks.
Ensuring the legal compliance and efficient/reliable operation of all plant within budget while instilling an atmosphere of continuous improvement to ensure the continued effectiveness of our operations. There will be a key emphasis on customer relations effectively liaising with departments across site.
Responsibilities will include:
* Carry out and coordinate work in the energy centre and services distribution areas, including the management of external contractors
* To complete all predictive, preventative and corrective maintenance work orders as detailed in the departmental work load plan generated, in partnership, by the Maintenance Manager
* Conduct RCFA investigations in to plant issues and component failures and implement corrective actions
* Generate and review plant and maintenance documentation and critical procedures as required.
* Conduct bench overhaul activities on designated repairable components
* Conduct second line fault finding on plant upsets and equipment malfunctions, implementing suitable corrective actions
* Initiate causal analysis investigations into plant upsets and equipment malfunctions and generate detail reports
* Implements condition based inspections of equipment in distress and determines corrective actions and timescales
* Manage and provide technical support to local & capital projects
* Conduct audits to measure and improve effectiveness of Site Engineering function
We are looking for Engineers who have experience of working in industrial and commercial buildings with the following skills:
* Conversant with Mechanical/Electrical Plant/Plumbing/Building Services maintenance procedures.
* Plumbing attributes to include copper and steel pipework, with knowledge of pumps.
* Knowledge of basic Electrical works, including basic power and lighting fault finding.
* Experience of working on Building Fabric will be of benefit with 1st line knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, water treatment and basic knowledge of BMS systems will be a benefit.
* Completed a recognised Mechanical Apprenticeship (Preferred not Essential)
* Use of Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) - SAP Maintenance Module
This is a shift based role which will involve days, nights and weekends
Please apply online as soon as possible