Environmental and Sustainability Engineer
Our client a Global FMCG business have a fantastic opportunity. It is a newly created position, focusing their business towards achieving new legislation for Environmental and Sustainability targets across the UK.
They are seeking an Environmental & Sustainability Engineer.
This position is responsible for ensuring the business is fully compliant with current, and future, energy and environmental legislation and targets.
- Define, develop and support an energy and carbon management strategy for the business, through evaluation of regulatory requirements, assessment of emergent technologies, and the integration of wider industry knowledge and developments.
- Define, develop and support a water optimisation strategy for the business, through evaluation of regulatory requirements, assessment of emergent technologies, and the integration of wider industry knowledge and developments.
- Develop the environmental management and reporting processes across the business, providing monthly reporting to the Senior Management team against the agreed strategy and targets, and supporting the maintenance of an effective ISO 14001:2015 accreditation.
- Plan, oversee and undertake internal reviews to identify opportunities for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the energy and environmental systems. Promotes that everyone is responsible for their own learning and development.
- Lead the execution of projects related to process and environmental engineering, energy, water and wastewater optimisation through a documented Phased Project Work Process (PWP).
- Bachelor of Science Degree (or higher) in: Environmental, Chemical, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering.
- Professional certification in their area of engineering study preferable
- 5 - 7 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally within a FMCG environment, engaging with key Business Leaders and SHE advisors.
- A strong grounding in process engineering or project management.
- A solid understanding of current environmental legislation and how it impacts commercial decision making.
- Knowledge and experience of managing and developing an EMS to the ISO 14001:2015 standard.
- Experience of devising technical solutions for water conservation, energy efficiency and waste reduction in industrial manufacturing operations.
- Experience with project planning & leading cross-functional project work groups through design review process.
- Versed in multiple continuous improvement methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, TPM, etc.)
- Ability to work across multiple locations and geographies
What’s on offer?
- A basic salary commensurate with this position.
- Above inflation Pension.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Product Allowance.
- Free working meals.
- Working hours of Mondays to Thursday 08.00.-16.00, Friday 08.00-14.00.
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Simon Norris.