You have the chance to join a well established FMCG manufacturer with a strong market presence. As the HSE Manager you will be the leading HSE person on site & as a result you will be driving improvements for the facility.
This Birmingham based business manufacture an array of consumer products for a varied customer base. Priding themselves on the quality of their products & their safe & efficient working environment, they are looking to drive this forward. As the HSE Manager you will be instrumental in ensuring their standards continue to reflect the industries to which they supply.
As the HSE Manager you be will be working closely with the senior leadership team in order to ensure that they drive Health, Safety & Environmental & compliance improvements. You will be ensuring the consistency of their processes & champion Health & Safety awareness.
- To manage all aspects of the HSE & Compliance department, including the team.
- To take part in the activities of the Senior Team and be a fully functioning member of that team.
- To introduce other compliance related systems and project work as required by the organisation.
- To communicate all Compliance issues to the wider company to drive best practice.
- To establish and implement OHSAS18001 (obtain and maintain accreditation).
- To promote the use of the system and develop the Health & Safety culture as in conjunction with the senior management team.
- To consult and liaise with the Managers and Directors on changes to the system and the effects of the system on the business.
- To take primary responsibility of; Legal and Other Requirements, Documentation, Document & Data Control and Records & Record Management.
- To assist with the monitoring of the operation of and maintenance of a quality system.
- To ensure accreditation to a suitable standard is maintained.
- To promote the use of the system and the philosophy of a quality organisation.
- To maintain the GMP manual on behalf of the Company.
- To work with the operational team in the maintenance of an environmental standard; establishment, implementation and maintenance of ISO14001 alongside other management systems.
- To promote the use of the management systems.
- To assist with the management of hazardous waste on/off site.
- To take secondary responsibility of, General Requirements, Documentation, Control of Documents, Evaluation of Compliance (Legal or other), Non Conformity, Correction and Preventative Action, Control of Records and Internal Audit.
HSE/QHSE Manager with manufacturing experience (ideally FMCG but other manufacturing sectors will be considered). The successful candidate will also have the following:
- Knowledge of ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 & ideally GMP
- An understanding of & an interest in improving health, safety & environmental procedure
- Ability to influence and lead management and employees at all levels within the organisation
- A passion for driving HSE(Q) improvements
- The ability to communicate across all levels of the organisation
Circa £45,000 - £50,000 + Benefits