Our client, a leading international supplier of Chilled Food Products is looking to appoint a Category Manager for their site based in Cambridgeshire. Working within the Commercial team, the Category Manager will take the lead providing insight and category management to the fresh categories of products within the company, and to its partnering customers.
- Act as an ‘inspiring ambassador’, ensuring consumer, market, and customer insights are used to demonstrate our category knowledge and understanding - leading our customers thinking to drive joint growth
- Work as an integrated part of the Commercial Team using customer, consumer and market insights to shape, challenge, build and deliver specific customer plans against agreed business and customer strategic priorities – acting as the consumer champion within the team
- Work with other Category Managers to deliver key market reports to meet agreed customer timelines
- Work with Commercial and Innovation teams to combine market data sources and research to develop product category strategies and solutions, challenging current thinking and taking a long term view to drive continual improvement
- Work closely with Innovation and commercial team in delivery of OL product launches to ensure optimum ranging and store distribution
- Influence both the customer and company stakeholders to make required changes, gaining support from senior commercial and Category Managers to help drive through change
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Category experience in an FMCG environment, ideally within the food sector ( although not essential), must have experience in working directly with one or more of the major UK retailers) at either Category Analyst, Assistant Category Manager or Category Manager level
- Strong data interpretation and analysis skills – able to convert data to insight
- Able to communicate complex data in a simple to understand way – both written and verbal
- Experienced in using and interpreting data from 3rd Party databases e.g. Kantar, ACNielsen, IRI, Dunnhumby etc. (Experience in one or more required)
- Self starter – driven to achieve results against agreed customer and business objectives.
- Good understanding of financial implications of actions and recommendations
- Can produce credible and concise presentations demonstrating the ability to influence and build rapport
- Has proficient Market/Product/ Category and Consumer Awareness, has good product / process awareness
- One of the UK’s leading Chilled Food Companies producing innovative and tasty products
- A Vision to ensure they deliver on their pledge to become one of the UK’s truly great food companies
- A complex and varied range of products, customers and packaging formats
- Sites operating to the highest industry standards, where Food Safety and Quality are a key priority
- A clear Technical Strategy built around a vision of guiding and driving the highest levels of Technical Excellence
If you have the relevant experience and you are looking for a challenging and interesting role within a leading food company, then this could be the job for you.
If you are interested, please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4278 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.