Quality Manager - Food
Quality Manager - Food
Cumbria / North Lancashire
Up to £45,000
Job Reference: GG/4092
Do you have commercial acumen and a robust management style? If so, this role could be perfect... The right candidate will become a key player within a dynamic group of companies. They will have full responsibility for the site's quality function and report directly into Site Manager.
- A market leader
- Meat Industry
- People and Quality Focussed (profits are reinvested in the business)
- The company's site is in Cumbria and commutable from Lancashire.
Leading the Quality team and working closely with internal and external contacts to co-ordinate and control the Quality function throughout the site to ensure that product entering and leaving the premises meets the required specifications as defined by the operating and quality procedures.
- Working closely with the production teams to establish procedures, standards and systems
- Determining, negotiating and agreeing in house quality procedures, standards and specifications
- Leading a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) programmed system with buy in from senior team
- Assessing customer requirements; ensuring that these are met
- Specify quality requirements of raw materials with suppliers
- Investigating and defining standards for quality and Health & Safety
- Ensuring that manufacturing processes comply with both national and international standards
- Production of management and technical reports, and customer charters
- Determining training needs across the site, liaising with management team to ensure completion
- Record, analyse and distribute statistical information to support performance monitoring
- Responsible for health and safety of the work environment
- Any additional activities as required by the management team.
- Overseeing external and internal audits
- Line management
- Previous experience of FMCG or similar manufacturing environment
- Good level of English language; spoken & written
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Strong communication skills; able to challenge and engage across all levels of the business and external customers
- Able to lead and motivate the team
- Flexible with a hands on approach
- Demonstrates integrity
- Creates solutions
- Methodical approach to problem solving
Get in touch! If you think this role is for you, send your CV with GG/4092 as a subject or give me a call on 0161 832 7463.