Site Services Manager
At Premier Foods, our purpose is to create the food our nation loves most for modern life. And we’ve been doing it for a long time - many of our much-loved brands have been part of UK life for more than a century.
Reporting to the Site Engineering Manager the Site Services Engineering Manager is required to lead engineering activities within the Site Services Centre, Manufacturing & External areas.
As a key member of the Sites Engineering Management team, the Engineering Manager is responsible for driving improvements across the factory and ensuring efficient, on-target production is achieved by maintenance of assets and assured technical capabilities in accordance and compliance with regulatory requirements.
Areas of accountability include:
- Supporting the team in ensuring optimum utilisation equipment within capital & revenue budgets and compliance to the Company safety, health, & environmental policies
- Controlling Revenue and Capital Budgets for services, buildings & infrastructure.
- Setting and delivering the centre Continuous Improvement Strategy, working closely with the Manufacturing & Site Engineering Manager.
- Setting and delivering the sites Energy Management Strategy.
- Working cross functionally to deliver a consistent and dynamic approach to C.I.
- Ensuring Environmental policy and practice is consistent and pro-active across the site.
- Delivery of legal compliance across the site for safe operation of industrial boiler equipment, Pressure systems, Fire protection systems & Water systems.
- Management of site security, security systems & contractor management systems.
To qualify in this post the successful candidate will be a professionally qualified engineer and possess the following attributes:
- Previous engineering management experience in an engineering services & energy management environment, ideally from Food manufacturing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to discuss how you have used these to good effect in your current role.
- Experience of successfully implementing progressive maintenance techniques and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Proven People Management and development, demonstrate experience of managing a team of engineers.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Legal compliance management.
Overall, you will have a positive management style, be able to coach and develop your engineering team, achieving positive results.
The successful candidate in this role will work alongside the existing Engineering Manager before taking over the role.