Senior Section Manager
It has never been a more exciting time to be part of a forward thinking company and a site that is delivering commercial success year on year. We are looking for amazing talent who can support the success of the site now and into the future.
Bakkavor Group is a leading manufacturer in the fresh prepared food market, specialising in developing private-label products for top global grocery retailers and well-known international foodservice operators.
Our Bakkavor site in Newark, which is part of our Desserts division, specialises in cream cakes and trifles and we are market leaders in both categories. To give a feel for the scale of manufacturing we produce 150 million units of cream cakes each year. We employ 1600 people and have plans to grow this significantly over the next 3 years.
This is due to new business which started being supplied from the site from this summer.
This is a Senior Section Manager opportunity working on a 4 on 4 off day shift pattern. The successful Production Manager will lead a team of Section Managers with approximately 150 people on shift to deliver high quality products to our retail customers. This is a great opportunity to take ownership for your factory working cross functionally to ensure all departments work together to hit the daily performance figures. This role reports into the Factory Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- pro-actively managing Health & Safety
- leading and driving standards of quality, food safety, hygiene and housekeeping within your area through Good Manufacturing Practice (G.M.P.)
- managing performance of your teams
- owning the training & development of all levels of team including managers.
- managing the NPD process within your area
- challenging and introducing new KPIs to drive performance.
- planning, organising and measuring labour and material requirements
- managing the communication process to ensure that the workforce in their area is well informed on relevant business news
- supporting and encouraging the Bakkavör values and a positive culture within your area, whilst fostering good employee relations
- the recruitment of direct reports and an involvement in all staff recruitment within your area
What you will need
The successful Operations professional will ideally have:
- Experience working in a food manufacturing environment and will have led teams in a fast paced manufacturing business in a Shift Manager, Production Manager or equivalent role.
- An understanding of retailer expectations and how we meet them.
- Strong leadership skills and be great at inspiring and engaging your team
This is a 4 on 4 off day shift role 40.25 hours a week.
In return you will receive a salary up to £45,000 dependent upon experience + pension, bonus and healthcare plus great development opportunities