5 days left
- Contract Type
Location: London, Enfield, Enfield, GB, EN3 7XJ
Company: Greggs Plc
Full Time and Permanent
Join the Family
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
35 to 45k per annum depending on experience
Mainly dayshift Monday to Friday but there will be some requirement to cover weekends and back/night shift on occasion in accordance with the needs of the business.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will develop, implement and manage the Maintenance Systems and Engineering Stores to ensure site assets and facilities are effectively maintained. You’ll produce detailed work plans for the engineering team and external contractors, ensuring the correct skills, materials & resources are available to complete planned work. You will communicate effectively with other functions in order that planned work is coordinated to minimise disruption to operations, whilst maximising equipment availability. All this to ensure the site’s state of the art manufacturing assets are able to produce 2 million rolls per week to its hungry customers! You will support the Engineering Manager on site and have dotted line responsibility for the Engineering team.
This is an ideal role for someone keen to develop and who is perhaps looking to progress into an Engineering Manager role in the future.
- Proactively promoting a positive Safety Health and Environmental culture ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures
- Developing, implementing and managing the maintenance systems and processes using the new Agility CMMS, including development of maintenance schedules and standard operative procedures
- Planning and organising the maintenance resource to maximise maintenance slots and targeting 100% completion of planned maintenance activity
- Liaising with and booking contractors to facilitate maintenance activities
- Managing the Engineering stores & replenishment cycle through CMMS, regularly reviewing min/max levels to ensure correct spares holding
- Maintaining accurate and complete documents relating to all maintenance activities in the CMMS and where necessary in the engineering library.
- Providing accurate reports for the Engineering Manager
- Assisting the Engineering Manager in the development of department plans and resource capability
- Supporting LEAN implementation in the department to deliver improvements in accordance with Manufacturing Excellence requirements.
- Participating in activities such as 5s, Root Cause Problem Solving and Standard Work.
- A natural organiser with exceptional planning, scheduling and co-ordinating skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft packages (Excel & Word)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Accurate and displays attention to detail
- Results driven
- Able to work within a cohesive engineering & manufacturing team.
- Previous experience gained within a similar planning role within an FMCG environment
- Previous “hands on” experience in a maintenance role would be a distinct advantage
- Our Greggs Employee discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 26 days, in addition to Bank Holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service (pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
- You will be invited to participate in our Management Bonus Scheme which is worth up to 7.5% of your salary, subject to the Company meeting certain performance criteria.
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
- Defined contribution management pension scheme
- Death in service benefit which provides a lump-sum payment equal to 4 times your year’s salary
Other benefits include
- Private Medical Insurance which is free for you and subsidised for your dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance which is a replacement income scheme
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we’ll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we’ll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help we can make your application as quick and as smooth as possible.