Control Systems Engineer
Are you an experienced Control Systems Engineer looking to get involved in Business Improvement Activities? Do you have experience in the Manufacturing sector? We want to hear from you!
The main purpose of the role is to design, plan and deploy engineering solutions which enhance the capability of the assets within a given manufacturing unit. Provide subject matter expertise to manufacturing and engineering teams whilst ensuring that the system infrastructure is maintained and developed in line with business requirements.
Core days required will be Monday - Friday however due to the nature of a 24/7 business a degree of flexibility is required which may include some weekend and night working.
Internally this role is known as a Control Systems and Business Improvement Engineer.Main responsibilities
- Collaborate and communicate with engineers and production staff when completing project work to enhance production efficiency, effectiveness and operational understanding;
- Developing and implementing the required technology to increase reliability and efficiency of machinery; identify obsolescence and future risks for process change;
- Maintain all IT solutions to the manufacturing infrastructure systems in order to ensure integration into the business systems network;
- Assist in the development of a culture of continuous improvement. Working with the Business Improvement Co-ordinator to deliver specific projects and tasks aligned with the BI plan;
- Assist in the planning, delivery and integration of new equipment/systems. Developing software solutions that ensure minimal disruption to operations and that are aligned with Engineering/Operational strategy.
- Ensure new equipment drawings and preventative maintenance recommendations are transferred to the maintenance teams files;
- Provide active maintenance support to assist in the timely diagnosis of system faults. Design and deliver system training to enhance the engineering team capability.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Able to use MS Project, or equivalent project management software, report project progress;
- Familiar with AutoCAD or similar design software to produce design specifications;
- Need for high level engineering skills to cover all systems (PLC, SCADA, pneumatics and hydraulics appropriate to local equipment);
- HNC or equivalent in engineering or appropriate levels of industrial experience;
- Highly developed fault finding and problem solving skills needed;
- Demonstrable ability of programming PLC’s (Siemens, Mitsubishi and Allen Bradley).
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Qualified in food hygiene (level 3);
- Qualified and able to assess machinery safety;
- Experience of multi-skilled engineering environment;
- Experience of delivering training / knowledge transfer.