TECHNICAL MANAGER – AMBIENT FOOD MANUFACTURING
Technical Manager – Ambient Food Manufacturing
Location: Sleaford, Lincolnshire
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly competent Technical Manager to join an expanding food business, where you will get the opportunity to work closely with a range of customer throughout the UK, with a focus on developing customer relationships.
The business has recently expanded and invested heavily in the site, with further plans to grow and develop over coming years. It is an exciting time for them, with a big push on innovation and improved development facilities on site.
As Site Technical Manager you will manage customer relationships, improving standards across the site, ensuring legislations are met. You will develop the technical and quality functions, looking at driving change and improving systems and processes.
- Ensure that health and safety, quality and hygiene standards are observed and maintained at all times.
- Lead and develop the site technical and quality assurance functions, supporting the implementation and maintenance of the technical and quality standards across the site.
- Strategically manage technical priorities and provide technical expertise in all areas of product safety to ensure technical compliance across the site.
- Liaise with customers regarding product specification, food safety, legality and quality issues and customer complaints.
- Manage the company’s BRC accreditation and lead the annual auditing process.
- Directly manage and conduct all technical audits by customers, third parties and regulatory authorities.
To be chosen for an interview, you must have experience across several years within a Technical Management role in the food industry. Ideally you will have worked across several product categories, to include ambient foods.
Experience in direct supply to the UK retail sector is desirable.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business with significant plans to expand, that can offer you future development and progression. There will be the chance to work with new customers, developing those relationships, as well as developing the quality team.
You will be a process driven individual who can identify areas for improvement, and drive change.
Please contact Lucy Robinson on 0113 205 4970 for further information.