Technical Support Officer
6 days left
- Contract Type
The Technical Technologist will support the Technical Manager for developing and coordinating the quality department to achieve a long term quality assurance vision, formalising quality policies, procedures, and establish close working relationships with both the quality and operation teams.
- To be aware of and ensure the site achieves the requirements of food safety, legality and quality at all times
- Immediate communication with the Technical Manager and Production Manager in the event of a serious situation with a negative influence on the food safety, legality, compliance or quality
- Maintenance of the external microbiological and chemical results system including actioning any out of specification results with the Hygiene team as necessary in line with current procedures. Ensure micro testing & laboratory testing schedules are kept up to date.
- Act as the companies point of contact for pest control and maintain pest control documentation ensuring site visit reports are completed and signed off, 'follow ups' are completed as agreed and that all documentation adheres to the appropriate customer CoP's.
- Calibration folders/certificates are kept up to date and any actions completed in a timely manner
- To produce and ensure accuracy of all customer, internal product specifications, maintaining these as per the document control procedure and schedule. Ensuring all data remains accurate and up to date at all times.
- To complete/answer customer queries in relation to SAQ's, product queries etc. Ensuring that responses are made in a timely manner
- Coordinating the internal audit schedule ensuring they are carried out in a timely manner and the internal audit plan is maintained - ensuring compliance at all times, non-conformances are to be closed out in a timely manner
- Monitor non-conformances/route causes and corrective actions, with customers and suppliers -closing out and trending
- Supporting 3rd/2nd party site audits - BRC, Organic, Red Tractor and customer audits.
- Working closely with the Technical Manager, maintain the quality management system and ensure new standards are implemented.
- Responsible for driving improvement in the Quality Management System by monitoring and challenging working practices through the effective management of the internal audit process.
- Team member/ deputy team leader for the HACCP/TACCP/VACCP team.
- Communicate the quality requirements through all levels and departments within the business, to maintain and improve standards.
- Responsible for ensuring the traceability system is effective, to ensure a complete traceability/recall/withdrawal and mass balance exercises can be performed in a timely manner
- Utilise the training matrix to manage the food safety training requirements.
- Ensure the factory is audit-ready every day.
- Certified HACCP - Minimum Level Three
- Certified Food Safety - Minimum Level Three
- Desirable certified audit trained
- A pro-active and versatile individual who demostates leadership skills with an ability to work closely with and motivate other team members
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Positive/personable attitude at all times
- Self-sufficient with excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Please ask for further details