Night Shift Maintenance Engineer
- Contract Type
We have heavily invested in developing the state of the art manufacturing facilities with high speed packing and production machinery.
You will join the team of engineers that are responsible for repair and maintenance of pick and place robots, conveyors, elevators, food dryers, extruders and other machinery.
The client is an FMCG food manufacturer based in West Yorkshire who have been actively growing for over 50 decades.
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical breakdowns, assessing the best course of action and conducting a performance repair
- Monitor all machines and ancillary plant during production
- Follow preventative maintenance and liaise with Engineering Manager regarding spare parts requirements
- Assist with installation work and give assistance to contractors, as and when required, ensuring that site standards are adhered to at all times
- Carry out any repair or maintenance work that is required, whilst ensuring the area or workshop is left in a clean and safe condition.
- Proactively identify ways to increase efficiency and effectiveness of repairs through modern lean thinking and techniques
- Provide a detailed handover to the next shift ensuring all relevant information is passed on and understood
- Understanding of HACCP and BRC standards
- Experience in PLC fault finding
- Previous FMCG manufacturing experience (preferably food)
- Apprenticeship trained
- Nights based position for a growing FMCG manufacturer in West Yorkshire
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits