6 days left
- Contract Type
Job Description – Shift Supervisor
Reporting to: Shift Manager
Responsible for: Machine Operators, Production Operators, Production Finishers, Hygiene Operators and Total Quality Assurance
Overall Purpose of the Role:
To supervise the shift to ensure the smooth running of the production process and ensure that all products are produced to specifications in terms of production, quality, cost, delivery, technical, safety and human resources, whilst achieving defined goals. Ensuring that all staff comply with the company’s Health and Safety and Quality procedures. Strive to continually improve to reduce costs and improve production and quality.
- To take full responsibility of the shift in terms of supervising staff, production and quality targets and to ensure the smooth running of the production processes
- To take responsibility for the quality of the product in line with the companies quality systems, processes and procedures
- Supervise, develop and motivate staff
- Monitor, measure and report on production related process performance, general issues
- Ensure good communication is given either verbally or in writing to all members of staff
- Ensure that Health and Safety rules and regulations are adhered to in line with the companies Health and Safety policy
- Use problem solving and troubling shooting skills to ensure fast effective action to resolve problems
- Work closely with other Shift Supervisors to ensure production handovers are effective communications tools
- Ensure that required training skills are met for the current and future demands of the shift
- Take an active role in the companies’ continuous improvement plan to achieve plans for future growth within the company
- Maintain housekeeping standards to ensure a clean and safe workplace
- Be able to make appropriate decisions whilst following the companies’ organisational structure
- Monitor and maintain a high level of timekeeping
- Needs to be dynamic, energetic, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive “can do” outlook and clear focus on deliverables.
- A highly organised forward planner and logical, structured thinker
- Empathic communication skills are essential.
- Able to commute reliably at all levels
- Able to work extended hours on occasions when required. Must be able to work shifts, attended meetings.
- Understands the principles of manufacturing, and has strong man management skills.
- Strong leadership, planning and organisational skills
- Experience of working in a fast paced food manufacturing environment as a Shift Supervisor or within an equivalent capacity.
- Computer literate
- Ability to work calmly whilst under pressure.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter by clicking the apply button below
Deadline – 27th October 2018
Apply for Shift Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly