PRODUCT LAUNCH TECHNOLOGIST – CHILLED FOODS (6 MONTHS CONTRACT)
Product Launch Technologist – Chilled Foods (6 Months Contract)
Location: Hertfordshire – Commutable from Essex and Cambridgeshire
A new, exhilarating opportunity for an experienced Product Launch Technologist to join a newly invested site has emerged. In this role, you will get the opportunity to work with a number of exciting new projects, with the chance to utilise a brand-new innovation kitchen.
With investment coming heavily from their parent company, the company’s site has been transformed into an ‘engineer’s paradise’ equipped with a highly automated brand-new kit. It is an exciting time for experienced product technologists or process technologists wishing to progress with their career, with internal promotions on the rise and outstanding employee satisfaction. As a Product Launch Technologist, you will deal with production trials, supervise tests and experience taste panels. You will be organised and be able to deal with a high volume of projects.
- To own projects, developing the product, controlling the launch path and ensuring products are stopped if they are likely to be unsuccessful
- Liaise and inform the Technical Manager of all launch progressions, product tastings, and development so that launches can be controlled correctly
- Control existing product development (EPD). Interact with the Technical department on quality issues, product faults and revisit them to improve the product or maintain a high-quality standard by developing new processes where required
- Research and implement current consumer markets and latest technologies on manufacturing, quality control, and consistency
- Have an input to quality control and suggest improvements in the factory to the Technical Manager, where relevant
- Communicate any delays in the product launch process to the NPD and management team so that are all are aware of the issues
- Hold a Food Science or Food Technology Degree / HND, combined with product & process development experience
- Relevant food manufacturing knowledge / experience with proven exposure to working with chilled food products being advantageous
- Demonstrated extensive practical factory or product development experience
- A track record of delivering and completing tasks successfully and on time
- Sound technical knowledge and a willingness learn and build-on experience already gained
- A good understanding of / or an interest in the desserts category/market would be advantageous
To be chosen for an interview, you must have experience within the product technician role in the food industry. Ideally you will have worked with complex products that include multiple ingredients.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business with significant plans to expand, that can offer you future development and progression.
Please contact Lucy Robinson on 0113 205 4970 for further information.