It has never been a more exciting time to be part of a forward thinking company and a site that is delivering commercial success year on year. We are looking for amazing talent who can support the success of the site now and into the future.
Bakkavor Group is a leading manufacturer in the fresh prepared food market, specialising in developing private-label products for top global grocery retailers and well-known international foodservice operators.
Our Bakkavor site in Newark, which is part of our Desserts division, specialises in cream cakes and trifles and we are market leaders in both categories. To give a feel for the scale of manufacturing we produce 150 million units of cream cakes each year. We employ 1600 people and have plans to grow this significantly over the next 3 years.
This is due to new business which will be supplied from the site from this summer.
A new amazing opportunity has arisen due to the growth of Bakkavor Desserts to develop and manage a range of products for the UK’s major food retailers from concept through to launch, whilst building strong external and internal business relationships.
- Innovates new products and processes for their area of responsibility to:-
- Maintain and extend current ranges
- To deliver new products and processes outside the current ranges.
- To manage, motivate and inspire direct reports up to Senior Development Technologist level to achieve personal development and continual improvement.
- Manage focused development of new products to deliver the BU budgeted margin for specific product ranges
- Delivers development for their area of responsibility ahead of our competitors through understanding the wants and needs of both internal and external customers.
- Presents facts and ideas clearly, accurately and persuasively to achieve department / business objectives across all functions and with external customers
- Uses the principles of category management to gain a true understanding of the wants and needs of the consumer in order to develop successful products to meet these needs.
- Manages critical paths for specific product ranges, plans, organises and controls resources to deliver new product development concepts to an agreed quality and timescale.
- Monitors and benchmarks product quality of existing and new products and communicates across functions to resolve issues and agree action plans
- Deputise for the Development Manager
What you will need
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working with UK major retailers
- Experience in FMCG environment, preferably in similar level concept development role
- Confidence with IT and fully literate with PC’s
- People management experience, ideally management of technologists
- Must have good knowledge of food trends and culinary skills
Experience in a food related role, a passion for food and an eye for detail. You must be able to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadline and ever evolving briefs which will delight our customers .
In return you will receive a competitive salary plus pension, bonus and healthcare
Shifts Monday to Friday 8.30 – 17.00