Eden Scott's client is a global food business supplying a range of products to food manufacturers, ingredient companies, retail and food service customers.
We are looking to recruit a Propagation Process Scientist.
Reporting to the Process Science Manager, you will work as part of a team providing applied scientific support within the complex matrix of a biotechnological fermentation system integrating subjects as diverse as microbial physiology & ecology, digestion and reaction chemistry, biochemistry and enzymology.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Utilising scientific methods to develop new approaches for growing yeast.
- Developing protocols to optimise yeast propagation performance.
- Providing technical knowledge on fermentation solutions fit for the needs of a diverse portfolio of product categories.
- Performing basic economic evaluations on formulations, raw materials and processes to estimate business value.
- Assisting in the selection and evaluation of new strains to meet specific business objectives.
- Participating as an active member of cross-functional teams.
- Science Degree in Biotechnology, Brewing, Microbiology, Viticulture or related field.
- Technical proficiency in science demonstrated either by performance in academic research and/or experience within a food or beverage manufacturing environment.
- Capable of working on multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A keen interest in laboratory, pilot-plant, and manufacturing-scale environments.
- Strong communication skills
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, call Alasdair Murray on 0131 550 1117.
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for, register your CV at www.edenscott.com and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.
Apply for Process Scientist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly