Control & Automation Engineer
The Engineer will be brought in to maintain and manage all control & automation systems including software and hardware throughout site to achieve engineering objectives whilst supporting the Maintenance, Project and Site Engineering teams.
The company produces a wide portfolio of premium products that are extremely popular in the market.
The Controls and Automation Engineer will be expected to:
*To liaise with other departments to initiate, co-ordinate and plan engineering work.
*To repair & maintain all control & automation equipment on site to achieve engineering objectives.
*To identify areas for improvement and implement projects to increase equipment effectiveness and reliability.
*The team are required to cover site for 7 days a week by means of a rota system covering weekend working.
*To be responsible for automation & control assets "out of hours" by means of rota standby.
*To lead by example.
*To improve machines and processes to increase equipment H&S effectiveness.
*To improve and promote safety across the site by example.
*Assist in the design, implementation of control systems for new processes & equipment.
*Support and optimise existing control systems in line with continuous improvement activities.
*To ensure all work carried out is correctly recorded on the engineering CMMS
*Manage procurement of site spares based on critical need and impact on business needs.
*To identify training needs of Shift Engineers.
*To support other Engineering personnel to achieve departmental goals.
*To support other departments to achieve site goals.
*To identify your own personal training and development needs.
*Carry out work orders to repair and maintain plant and equipment,
Communicate to all Departments on any activity that may impact on efficiency or productivity.
The Successful Controls and Automation Engineer will need the following Knowledge & Experience:
- Ideally served an indentured craft apprenticeship.
- At least 5 years working in a maintenance/engineering department.
- Desirable - Have an appreciation of a High Care manufacturing standard,
- Desirable - Educated to HNC, NVQ3 or equivalent in an Electrical Competence
- Ability to fault-find & repair PLC/ automation systems
- Experience in the use, repair & diagnostics of PLCs, HMI, servos and drives. Ideally, Allen Bradley and Schneider.
- Previous experience in the food and bakery industry is desired but not necessary.