R&D Scientist (2 Year Contract)
We're looking for an R&D scientist to support the successful delivery of a two year seasoning harmonisation project for our European Snacks Portfolio.
Working closely with peers in our flavour function and cross functionally with sensory, procurement, and regional partners, this role will provide great exposure within a Global R&D function.
Whilst this role will be initially offered on a 2 year contract, we are always keen to retain top talent and will look to ensure an open dialogue here along the way.
- Support flavour and seasoning harmonization efforts across Europe.
- Support multiple seasoning projects within high timelines.
- Work effectively with cross functional partners to deliver initiatives and ensure excellence in application
- Provide support on the technical aspects of the existing brands e.g. technical brand stewardship, compliance with regulatory, food safety and global standards
- Leverage a combination of functional and business expertise to shape and develop the technical elements of winning consumer propositions that drive sustainable business growth whilst delivering productivity.
- Take full ownership and accountability of the technical activities including project timelines leading to timely project delivery.
- Collate analytical, sensory data and provide recommendation to flavour team.
- Complete specification changes for new seasonings and support scale up through to commercialization.
- BSc or MSc in a Food Science or related discipline with previous experience in FMCG R&D, product/technology roles
- Demonstrate established competence from development to commercialization.
- Strives for high standards, seeks innovative solutions, drives continuous improvement of products and processes and demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail.
- Established project management skills to effectively & efficiently drive multiple projects across different markets
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple tasks both independently and within a team environment without losing momentum and adapt to changing priorities.
- Good understanding/appreciation of the broader business environment and application of technical and commercial knowledge during project execution.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret complex data and distil into meaningful information e.g. interpreting consumer insights.
- High degree of attention to detail, highly numerate and computer literate (Microsoft Office).
- Develop & maintain good working relationships with a portfolio of business partners across technical and operational functions globally e.g. develop and maintain effective working relationships across Local and global R&D and non-R&D function.
- Whilst the role is day based at one location, willing to work flexible hours on occasion and travel as necessary.
- Valid UK Driving License